[AM] Topica inserting "Messages" at the top of postings....
Michael Vizdos
2004-03-26 19:49:55 UTC
Menthol Smokers Only! Click on the link below and
register to receive up to $50 in savings from one of
America's leading menthol brands.
http://click.topica.com/caab4S3bUrKDAbWnbtka/ Lorillard

----------------------------------

[off-topic on]

Hi all.

It looks like Topica (the "free" provider of this list) is now inserting
their advertising at the top of each posting [see above the line to see if
this test actually proves me right].

I wanted to let you know this is not something Scott Ambler or anyone here
is sponsoring. We have no control over what they put up there.

[off-topic off]

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Thank you,

Michael Vizdos
Certified Scrum Master

Ronin International, Inc. (www.ronin-intl.com)

www.ronin-intl.com/company/michaelVizdos.html

www.agiledata.org
www.agilemodeling.com
www.enterpriseunifiedprocess.com
www.modelingstyle.info

Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbUrKDAbWnbtkf/ Ivo Interactive

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER
McGovern, Patrick J
2004-03-26 19:56:03 UTC
**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab4CEbUrKDAbWnbtka/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

And all of a sudden I have a craving for Menthol Cigarettes
http://click.topica.com/caab4S3bUrKDAb4F8dda/ Lorillard
----------------------------------
[...]
http://click.topica.com/caab3ozbUrKDAb4F8ddf/ Ivo Interactive
For more information about AM, visit the Agile Modeling Home Page at
www.agilemodeling.com
http://click.topica.com/caab4S3bUrKDAbWnbtkf/ Lorillard

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER
Paul Oldfield
2004-03-27 10:31:16 UTC
Are you looking for savings on products you use everyday?
Visit Quality Health today and see the coupons, free
samples and special offers our members enjoy each and
everyday.
http://click.topica.com/caab5n1bUrKDAbWnbtka/ Ivo Interactive

Anything above this line is unwelcome SPAM

(responding to Mike)
Post by Michael Vizdos
It looks like Topica (the "free" provider of this list) is now inserting
their advertising at the top of each posting [see above the line
to see if this test actually proves me right].
I already mailed topica support and topica abuse about this,
suggesting they stick to putting advertisements at the end
of the mails. Perhaps if they get enough complaints, they
will act. (Topica abuse sent an auto-reply saying words to the
effect that the originator would be removed from the system;
that would be interesting...)
Post by Michael Vizdos
I wanted to let you know this is not something Scott Ambler or
anyone here is sponsoring. We have no control over what they
put up there.
Don't give up so easy. If all else fails you can move the list to
Yahoo. But let's try to get reasonable behaviour out of them first.
A concerted effort by their customers (us) could put them out of
business, so they ought to listen if enough folk complain.
I worry about the status of the group's message archive, though.

BTW, I got a mailing from the AgileSussex list, also topica hosted,
that had no ads. Yet they are polling their members about a transfer
to Yahoo already.

Is anyone losing mails owing to their Spam Filter settings?

Paul Oldfield
www.aptprocess.com

Norman Lorrain
2004-03-27 16:16:24 UTC
wouldn't have to deal with ANY advertising.
http://click.topica.com/caab5n1bUrKDAb6EIfNa/ Ivo Interactive
http://click.topica.com/caab4S3bUrKDAb6EIfNf/ Lorillard
http://click.topica.com/caab5n2bUrKDAbWnbtkf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER